Wednesday 2 November 2011

Homebrew vs Life

My increasing passion for brewing on the whole is supported by my family, friends and also my partner (rare indeed). However oft there are other homely duties which get in the way of the schedule. How do I deal with? I pack the lot up and hope that tomorrow will bring a more favourable day for the beer gods.
The pilsner is ready for priming and after being reassured that the diactyl rest approach I employed would mean that three weeks isn't too short a lagering time (it can be up to 8 weeks) and that there would be yeast enough for priming, I'm just trying to get 2 hours to get it in the damn bottles!
Attermpt 1 failed as I needed to get the new kilner jars ready for yeast harvesting and the next attempt is now looking like Thursday.  I'm also getting hassled by my engineering department (read Dad) who wants to know how the counterflow chiller is getting on.
MEMO to Engineering
RE: Counterflow chiller
I've not had time yet! - Stop hassling me!
Regards
Brewmaster Ead

So I thought today was a good day to jot my recipes down here for Barrel Racer, Oldenburg and Pit Pony (TB released for Christmas)
I also figured I'd put them in separate posts so I can reference them later.
So here they are....

No comments:

Post a Comment