Monday 19 September 2011

Brewing success! - Rinsing ...Hmmm ...not so good

So it's been a while..... the brew is finally bottled. Still working on a name as the first beer out of the scribbling horse brewhouse.

The yeast worked a treat inspite of the beer explosion in the primary fermenter while I was on holiday. Took the final gravity and we're talking total conversion - 1.010 from 1.058 - 6.3%. I'll put a picture of the bottles up at some point.
 
I think I need to work on a decent keg session beer at some point especially as I'm liking the Ringwood Best Bitter at the moment at 3.8% of drinkablity!

The yeast harvesting and rinsing didn't work as well though but as long as I turn it around in the next week or two it should be ok - I hope - watch this space

Shopping list for next time is:

3x Kilner Jars
Ice - Lots of it until the counter flow chiller is finished
Pressure cooker - Sterilising is hard without one!
Dextrose - suprisingly hard to find and I'm convinced this will make a difference to the finished beer.

The move to the garage is a bit of a pain at the moment not merely because of the garage door breaking but also carrying things to and from there.... need a boiler and water supply then I'll be set.

No comments:

Post a Comment